EAA Chapter 77 is based at Dalton Airport (3DA) in Flushing, Michigan. The airport is named for it's founder, Edwin P. Dalton: April 24, 1912 - April 9, 1986. Ed built the airport in 1946 and subsequently developed the subdivision to the southwest of the airport. He was commander of the 63rd Wing of the Civil Air Patrol of Flint during WWII, a charter member of the Flushing Lions Club, a founding member of the Flushing Sportsmans Club and part-owner of the original Flushing Valley Country Club. He also served on various local township boards and owned several movie theaters. The annual EAA Chapter 77 Dawn Patrols were originated by Mr. Dalton and continue to this day as the largest single fundraiser for the Chapter.
The airport is now privately owned by the Dalton Airport Association (DAA). However, it is operated as a public use airport as it meets the all the requirements of the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) for a Basic Utility Public Airport (#25002).